4H K-9 Kids – Westchester County 2020/2021
Dog training, showing, care and dog related community service projects.
Members past and present worked on:
- Our library Reading with Rover program.
- Presented Dog Demonstrations in obedience, agility and rally-o.
- Members have raised money and purchased a canine protective equipment
- Collected food and supplies for shelters.
- Volunteered at local dog shows.
- Participated at the Guiding Eyes for the Blind Walk-a-thon and bike rides.
- Collect newspapers and made tire jumps for Guiding Eyes for the Blind
- Sponsored a Pizza Party for a Guiding Eyes for the Blind class
- Dog (and Horse) Bowl participation.
- Shown dogs at various 4H, AKC and other organizations events. Including Westminster and Philadelphia Dog Shows.
- Herding and Farm Dog Certification
- Barn Hunt
- Coursing Ability Test (CAT)
- 5 to 19 years old.
- Participate in the club public presentation.
- Prepare a project book.
- Participate at dog demos and at least one other dog event during the year.
- Participate at the 4H and Grange Fairs. (THIS INCLUDES ENTERING 3 PROJECTS AND A PROJECT BOOK )
- Participate in fund raising and community service projects the club designates.
- Bring your child to meetings on a regular and timely basis.
- See that your child is practicing with his/her dog and working on their project books.
- Assist at club demonstrations, fairs and fund raising projects.
- Farm dog certification and herding.
- Learn dog anatomy, dog breeding and dog health care.
- Enter dog events and therapy dog training.
- AKC Canine Good Citizen training.